Monday, April 20, 2009

Stentura 8000 freezes up/locks up/ unresponsive

I am writing this entry so that if some other court reporter has the same problem I had today they don't have to take their writers in to be serviced.

First of all, I use a Stentura 8000 model. Today when I went to turn off my machine the buttons would not respond, none of them. I couldn't turn of my machine other than to pull the battery off. When I replugged the power cord in, the writer came back on no problem at all, but the buttons still did not respond.

The fix is SIMPLE. Lay your writer face down on a nice surface to work on. Get a Philips had screwdriver and unscrew the screws on the back of your writer. Be careful not to lose them. After you do this, lift up the back of the writer. You will undoubtedly find the plug that has come off here. It is a common known issue with these writers. Just plug it back on and if you have access to some hot glue you can put a little dab here so that it doesn't come off again, unless you want to take it off.

No comments: